“Any improvement of humanity must begin with knowledge of the human nature.” – Bertrand Russell
The lectures offered are based on antiquity and the Athenian democratic development, as an example of understanding communication-culture for organization and development.
This is the story of the “why, what and the how`s. It is then linked to modern thinking, theory and examples.
The three main areas of society this is relevant for is:
- Communication, culture and management, in general.
- “Politics” and organization
- School, democracy and education
If desired, the elements in the different lectures can be mixed.
Here is an examle of a presentation, held in Bergen, Norway “The Literature House”, 15.03.18. Press:Literature House Powerpoint
Communication, Culture and Management
“What is development and the power behind development?
145 min including break
In this lecture, the development structure is presented in communication, in conciousnes, culture and product. In a clear and simple way, the development’s structure is presented.
Using examples of ancient times and how they succeeded in forming our cultural cradle, everything links to the topic of leadership, involvement and wise solutions.
- Distribution of texts.
- Unable to speak; “crisis”; starting point for the development of democracy.
- To talk; development of individual, society and western culture.
- Growth and development; ideas are formed, spread and new ideas are formed. The meaning of the individual.
- Confidence and distrust. Leaders role, and other roles.
- “Whistleblowing”; something is (cultural) wrong.
- Fundamental anchoring.
«Cultural development and communication principles in the ancient democracy of Athens, communication and attitudes -relevant for our time»
“How did the Athenian democracy become the strong city and the best city to live in?”
145 minutes, including break
- Distribution of texts.
- First; The presentation of the concept; The purpose and structure of development communication thinking and practice.
– Parrhesia; free speech.
– From idea to practice and implementation.
• Then the historical starting point, people and events – and towards the cultural highlight and the situation in which they lived. Break • Why did this work? Presentation of human consciousness, communication and development’s transparent structure for human consciousness.• Democracy the last hundred years of Athens existence; A fall in culture quality, or/and a good city to live in? “Politics” «Basic Communication and Attitudes for Democracy -and negative features»145 minutes: • Communication standard as a basis for ancient cultural success.• Rules and attitudes.• Dangers of the free speech, seen with antique eyes.• Citizen; Democrat or Aristocrat, or maybe both?• The example of Socrates. Break • Development of man and ideas through participation and language, a prerequisite for a good society.• Modern philosophy and theories of development. «Plato: Communication and Attitude; democracy towards tyranny?90 minutes: Relevance: Many voices of our time warn against decay in democracy, and that democracy can end in tyranny. Donald Trump is by many seen as such a tyrant, and as a reason why dark clouds enter the democratic sky.In lectures you can get to know our culture’s biggest political thinking about democracy, the developmental dynamics of democracy and democratic culture. Platon (428-348 f.v.) states this in a way that makes this very relevant to our time. “The Republic” written by Platon 2500 years ago, outlines a democratic culture that has striking features for our own. It can be read as a “warning” to just avoid a tyrannical development.
At Plato’s time, many democracies had ended in violence. Unlike us, he had a good empirical basis. If Plato is right or if we think he may be right, then we have little to loose hearing and learning from him. It can be revealed that such a development begins with the individual citizen. If we choose not to listen to him, we think we know better. That`s in itself a negative feature of the democrat; He does not have anything to learn from the past. “He only looks forward”, as Plato said. Politics and organization“Whistleblowing”/”Notification” / to report in ancient times; a democratic duty. Why?60 minutes: • Parrhesia: Truth and insight, a matter of getting facts on the table.•The democrat, and the aristocrat.• Development and innovation, anchoring and involvement• Truth and fellowship before silence and “loyalty”.• The institutionalized “warningterm”. Recommended: Total 145 minutesIf you want the historical background, and details that put this into its contemporary, the presentation will be 145 minutes. It will also be time to draw the lines towards our time. “The Battle of Marathon” in a democracy perspective” 90 minutes: In this lecture we look at some good typical features of ancient Athenian democracy.
On the picture I`m assisted by the museum dog at the Marathon Museum.
Through an analysis of the Marathon battle in 490 BC. the “new” moments in the circumstances of the battle are drawn, in comparison with pre-democratic times. Probably the Athenians would have been defeated by the Persians, unless Athens was a democracy, but adhered to the ancient customs.
This lecture can be a nice “warming” to companies that will attend the Marathon-run, in Athens, or around the world.
School and education
In the subject “philosophy and history”
«Towards democracy in ancient times»: Central persons, cultural features, places, communication and development »
Dialectics and human awareness, and modern pedagogy
For the well-being and learning environment
Understanding a democratic culture
- Free speech to injustice, and for well-being and improvement is the purpose of democracy. Bullying and harassment is totally unacceptable in a democratic perspective.
- Walking in ancient culture’s cradle
An image-matic presentation of the tour-route, where central places on people, events and cultural elements became important for the development of our cultural cradle: theater, philosophy, democracy, and democratic rule.
«Ancient culture and communication development, involvement, interest and leadership»
2.5 hours incl. Breaks:
- Distribution of short text.
- First presented the concept; the purpose and structure of development communication thinking and practice; parrhesia; free speech. From idea to implementation.
- Then the historical starting point, people and events – and towards the cultural highlight and the situation in which they lived.
- Responsibility and management.
- Learning from others, interest, and non-knowledge.
- Why did this work? Presentation of human consciousness, communication and development’s transparent structure for human consciousness.
- Democracy and culture expire, but also growth in the last hundred years of Athens existence.
«Human conciousness, communication and development»
- A presentation of effective communication; tools, theory and attitude as fellow knowledge.
- A model in antiquity communication tools for the development of citizen and culture.